1. Nature’s Best Herbal Bath Powder
This herbal bath powder is a highly recommended alternative for soap. Toddlers, Kids, adults, anyone with any skin type, irrespective of their age can use this. This herbal powder is free from lye, glycerine, and all the chemical products. Use this powder and I am pretty sure that you would never use soap after using this.
Neem leaves – 100 grams
Nagarmotha roots/ Tunga gadda – 100 grams
Amla (Dried) – 100 grams
Wood Apple/ Maredugujju (Dried) – 100 grams
Methi /Fenugreek seeds – 100 grams
Green gram – 700 grams
Basil/ Tulsi – 100 grams
Dried rose petals – 100 grams
You can use the below ingredients as a substitute for Nagarmotha roots and Wood Apple.
Channa dal – 100 grams
Orange peel – 100 grams
Almonds – 100 grams
Time required: 30 minutes
1. The first step is to dry all the ingredients in the hot sun. Take 2 tablespoons of ghee in a saucepan and roast green gram till it turns golden brown.
2. Blend all the ingredients individually using a high powered blender. Alternatively, you can send them to the mill for blending as well.
3. Mix all these powders together and strain them using a strainer. You can store this powder in a plastic container for about 6 months.
4. Your herbal bath powder is ready to use. You can store this for 6 months.
5. You can apply this powder by mixing it either with raw milk or in warm water. The consistency should neither be too runny nor too viscous.
6. Rub it off on your face, neck, and your whole body. Wait for 2 minutes and then wash it off. Repeat the process again and clean it off.
Points to remember:
1. Make sure all the ingredients are moisture-free to ensure longer shelf life.
2. Dry all these ingredients in the hot sun for half a day.
3. Never use soap to clean off this powder.
4. You can use chironji seeds or organic pista as substitutes for other ingredients.
Nagarmotha roots not only improve your skin’s complexion but also eradicate all skin diseases including leprosy.
Rose petals are highly aromatic and act as a natural scent and improve your complexion.
Green gram acts as a powerful natural sunscreen agent by shielding your skin from the harmful UV radiation.
Methi/Fenugreek seeds smoothen your skin.
If you feel that this process is heavy, then you can check out DIY Ubtan soap which is equally beneficial and super easy.
2. Neem soap
Neem is rich in antibacterial, antifungal, and antiviral properties. Hence it is widely used in various Indian cosmetic products. Neem keeps your skin soft, supple, and prevents all skin infections.
Neem leaves – 100 grams
Tulsi leaves – 100 grams
Lemon – 1
Turmeric – Pinch
Natural soap base bar – 50 grams
Tea tree oil/ Any essential oil – 10 to 15 drops
Time required: 15 minutes
1. Without adding water, crush neem leaves and basil leaves coarsely using a blender.
2. Cut the soap base into pieces and melt them using a double boiler method and grate 1 whole lemon.
Double Boiler Method:
a. Take a medium-sized saucepan and pour 300 ml water approximately. Bring this to a gentle simmer.
b. Now, place a heat-safe bowl on the top of this saucepan filled with water. Make sure that the bottom of the bowl never touches the water.
c. Add the soap base pieces into the heat-safe bowl and stir it occasionally with a spatula until the soap mold melts.
3. To this melted soap base, add crushed leaves, grated lemon, 2 tablespoons of lemon juice, tea tree oil and mix them well.
4. Grease the silicone soap mould and transfer this soap base into the mould.
5. Freeze it for an hour and use it when you need it. You are done J
Wash neem leaves and basil leaves thoroughly in cold running water to eliminate unnecessary debris.
Proven effective soap for acne, pimples, dead skin cells, pigmentation, and all other skin infections.
3. Ubtan soap
The scrubbing base of this soap helps to polish and improve the skin texture. Using this soap every day is an easy way to apply ubtan on your body. You can notice the amazing effects of this soap since its first use.
Fullers Earth/ Multani mitti powder – 2 tablespoons.
Gram flour – 1 tablespoon
Licorice/Methi powder – 1 teaspoon
Orange peel powder – 1 teaspoon
Rose petal powder – 1 teaspoon
Sandalwood powder – 1 teaspoon
Wild/Organic turmeric powder – 1 teaspoon
Soap base that is paraben-free – 50 grams
1. Mix all the powdered ingredients in a mixing bowl.
2. Melt the soap base into pieces using the Double Boiler Method.
3. To this melted soap base solution, add the mixed powdered ingredients and stir continuously so as to avoid lumps.
4. Now add 2 tablespoons of coconut oil and 1 tablespoon of glycerine to this.
5. Pour this solution into a silicone mould and freeze it for an hour.
6. After an hour, take this out from the freezer and demould this.
7. Gently massage your body with this soap for about 2 minutes.
8. Once you use this, I assure you that this soap becomes your super favorite as the results speak.
After using this soap, use a sunscreen lotion to retain the benefits of this soap.
This soap can lighten your skin complexion; reduce sunburn, tanning, and blemishes. It imparts an amazing glow to your skin and inhibits all the skin diseases. This soap acts as a scrubber, anti-tan agent and as an excellent exfoliant. It’s like a multi-purpose soap for your body.